Scot D. Wilson
Scot Wilson is a lawyer at Robinson Calcagnie, Inc. Scot has been an attorney since 2002.
He has over 16 years of experience representing clients in personal injury‚ wrongful death, consumer protection, employment, business, and class action cases, including:
- $1.6 billion – settlement in an unfair business practices class action
- $417 million – verdict in a products liability involving a dangerous product that caused cancer
- $51 million – settlement in a business dispute involving defective semiconductor chips and integrated circuits
- $46 million – verdict involving a pedestrian struck by car
- $31 million – settlement in a data breach privacy class action
- $16 million – settlement in an unfair competition and false advertising class action
- $16 million – settlement of unfair competition case
- $16 million – settlement involving child struck by car while walking in crosswalk
- $14 million – settlement involving unfair business practices
- $6.5 million – settlement involving child hit by bus at crosswalk
- $6.25 million – settlement passenger injured in auto accident
- $6 million – settlement for passenger injured in auto accident because of defective seatbelt
- $2.6 million – settlement involving motorcycle accident
- $2 million – verdict involving slip and fall through skylight
- $2 million – settlement involving trucking accident
- $1.25 million – settlement involving dog bite
- $1.25 million – settlement involving auto accident involving vehicle stolen from valet parking attendant
- $1.2 million – settlement involving trucking accident
- $750,000 – settlement involving auto accident and defective airbag
- $750,000 – settlement involving pedestrian struck by car in auto accident
- $650,000 – settlement involving workplace accident involving forklift
- $625,000 – settlement involving construction defect
- $500,000 – settlement involving shopper attacked at mall with inadequate security
- $500,000 – settlement involving construction accident
- $500,000 – settlement involving child struck by car in driveway
- $350,000 – settlement involving pedestrian struck by car while crossing street
- $350,000 – settlement involving bus passengers injured in collision with truck
- $350,000 – settlement involving child struck by car while walking in crosswalk
- $250,000 – settlement involving auto accident
- $200,000 – settlement involving auto accident
- $175,000 – settlement involving hot air balloon accident
- $145,000 – settlement involving trucking accident
- $65,000 – settlement involving auto accident
In addition to personal injury and wrongful death cases, Mr. Wilson also handles class action cases. Scot was one of the trial lawyers in the landmark In re Tobacco II class action trial on behalf of California consumers in which Philip Morris was found to have fraudulently and deceptively marketed Marlboro “Light” cigarettes as being safer and healthier than regular cigarettes.
Before joining Robinson Calcagnie in 2010, Scot was also previously a shareholder at a business litigation firm in Newport Beach for six (6) years where he represented clients in business, employment, and class action litigation. Before that, he was an associate at an international law firm in Irvine for two (2) years.
Scot also served as a pro bono Deputy District Attorney with the Orange County District Attorney’s Office Trial Attorney Partnership Program.
Mr. Wilson previously clerked for Judge William J. Rea in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
After receiving his undergraduate degree from the University of California‚ San Diego (UCSD) in 1999‚ Mr. Wilson graduated cum laude from Pepperdine University School of Law in 2002. While at Pepperdine‚ he served as Note & Comment Editor for the Pepperdine Law Review and won the Dalsimer Moot Court Competition.
Mr. Wilson has been admitted to practice in California since 2002 and has been admitted and handled cases in state and federal courts throughout the country.
In addition to being a member of the State Bar of California, he is a member of the Western Trial Lawyers Association, Consumer Attorneys of California, Orange County Bar Association, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, and Orange County Trial Lawyers Association. In 2015 and 2016, Scot was on the Board of Directors for the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association.
Scot has been named a Super Lawyer by Los Angeles Magazine for his work. In 2018, Mr. Wilson was a recipient the prestigious California Lawyer Attorney of the Year (“CLAY”) Award.
He frequently gives presentations to other lawyers regarding trial advocacy, deposition techniques, and emerging issues in personal injury and class action lawsuits.