Daniel S. Robinson
Daniel S. Robinson is a partner in the Newport Beach office of Robinson Calcagnie‚ Inc. where he focuses on civil litigation involving consumer rights, products liability and environmental contamination. He is admitted to practice law in New York‚ Pennsylvania and California. Dan has obtained substantial trial verdicts to date, including a $14.5 million verdict for a client injured in a motorcycle accident, a $5.3 million verdict for a client injured in an auto accident, and a $3.2 million verdict for a client injured during a workplace incident.
Dan has received several honors and awards, including Daily Journal’s 2022 and 2023 Top 100 Lawyers in California; 2022 Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers; Daily Journal’s 2021 California Lawyer Attorney of the Year award (One October Mandalay Bay Shooting cases); Daily Journal’s Top 25 and Top 30 Plaintiff Lawyers in California; Best Lawyers’ 2022 Lawyer of the Year in the area of product liability litigation, Orange County; Super Lawyers’s Top 50 lawyers in Orange County; Daily Journal’s Top 20 Attorneys Under 40 in California (2015); American Association of Justice’s “Wiedemann & Wysocki” award and “Above and Beyond” award; The National Trial Lawyers’ Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 (2012); and Orange County Trial Lawyers Association’s Top Gun-Young Gun Award (2011).
Mr. Robinson has been appointed to several leadership roles, including:
- Interim Co-Lead Counsel – Tsvetanova v. Regents of the University of California, 37-2021-00039888-CU-NP-CTL;
- Co-Lead Counsel in In re Planned Parenthood Los Angeles Data Incident Litigation, 21STCV44106;
- Interim Co-Liaison Counsel – Hellyer, et al v. Smile Brands Inc., et al., 8:21-cv-01886-DOC-ADSx;
- Interim Co-Lead Counsel in In re Ring LLC Privacy Litigation, 19-CV-10899 MWF (RAOx);
- Interim Co-Lead Counsel in In Re Ambry Genetics Data Breach Litigation, 8:20-cv-00791 CJC (KESx);
- Interim Co-Lead Counsel in Yahoo! Inc. Private Information Disclosure Cases, JCCP 4895; Additional Settlement Class Counsel in MDL 2752;
- Co-Lead Counsel in the Risperdal® and Invega® Product Liability Cases, JCCP 4775;
- Co-Lead Counsel in Dodge v. PHH Corporation, et al., 8:15-cv-01973;
- Co-Lead Counsel for In Re Experian Data Breach Litigation (SACV 15-1592 AG CD CAL);
- Co-Lead Counsel in In re 21st Century Oncology Customer Data Security Data Breach Litigation, MDL 2737;
- Co-Lead Counsel in the St. Joseph Health System Medical Information Cases, JCCP 4716;
- Lead Counsel in Blue Cross of California Website Security Cases, JCCP 4647;
- Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in the Biomet M2a Magnum MDL;
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in the In re Actos Product Liability Cases, JCCP 4696;
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In re Fosamax/Alendronate Sodium Drug Cases, JCCP 4644;
- Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee for the Contaminated Heparin Litigation, MDL 1953;
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee of MDL No. 2879, In Re Marriott International, Inc., Customer Data Security Breach Litigation; and
- Counsel for Plaintiff and the Class in Flores v Don Roberto Jewelers, Inc., 30-2021-01212035-CU-NP-CXC.
Before working at Robinson Calcagnie‚ Inc., Mr. Robinson was a civil litigator at a defense law firm. Before that‚ Mr. Robinson served as an Assistant District Attorney in the New York County District Attorney’s Office under the Hon. Robert M. Morgenthau. As a New York County prosecutor, Mr. Robinson conducted numerous criminal trials, investigations and grand jury proceedings.
Williams College, B.A.
Loyola School of Law, J.D.
Admitted to Practice‚ California‚ New York‚ Pennsylvania
2023 President, Orange County Bar Association Charitable Fund
Member‚ Association of Business Trial Lawyers; American Association for Justice; Consumer Attorneys of California; Federal Bar Association; Orange County Asian American Bar Association; Orange County Bar Association; Orange County Celtic Bar Association; Orange County Hispanic Bar Association; Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
Past President, Project Youth Orange County Bar Foundation; Orange County Bar Association (2022)
Board Member‚ Federal Bar Association of Orange County; Orange County Bar Association; Project Youth OCBF; Loyola Law School, Consumer Attorneys of California, National Trial Lawyers’ MTTLA
Executive Committee Member‚ Public Law Center