Daniel S. Robinson
“The due administration of justice is the firmest pillar of good Government.”
– President George Washington, 1789
Daniel S. Robinson is a partner in the Newport Beach office of Robinson Calcagnie‚ Inc. where he focuses on civil litigation involving consumer rights, product liability, and environmental contamination. He is admitted to practice law in New York‚ Pennsylvania and California. Dan works hard to achieve the best possible results for his clients, and has obtained 7- and 8- figure trial verdicts, and 9- and 10- figure settlements to date.
Dan has received several honors and awards, including: Daily Journal’s 2021 California Lawyer Attorney of the Year award (One October Mandalay Bay Shooting cases); Daily Journal’s Top 25 and Top 30 Plaintiff Lawyers in California; Best Lawyers’ 2022 Lawyer of the Year in the area of product liability litigation, Orange County; Law Dragon’s 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers; Super Lawyers’s Top 50 lawyers in Orange County; Daily Journal’s Top 20 Attorneys Under 40 in California (2015); American Association of Justice’s “Wiedemann & Wysocki” award and “Above and Beyond” award; The National Trial Lawyers’ Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 (2012); and Orange County Trial Lawyers Association’s Top Gun-Young Gun Award (2011).
Mr. Robinson has been appointed to several leadership roles in cases, including:
- Interim Co-Lead Counsel in In re Ring LLC Privacy Litigation, 19-CV-10899 MWF (RAOx);
- Interim Co-Lead Counsel in In Re Ambry Genetics Data Breach Litigation, CV 20-cv-00791 CJC (KESx);
- Interim Co-Lead Counsel in Yahoo! Inc. Private Information Disclosure Cases, JCCP 4895; Additional Settlement Class Counsel in MDL 2752;
- Co-Lead Counsel in the Risperdal® and Invega® Product Liability Cases, JCCP No. 4775;
- Co-Lead Counsel in Dodge v. PHH Corporation, et al., 8:15-cv-01973;
- Co-Lead Counsel for In Re Experian Data Breach Litigation (SACV 15-1592 AG CD CAL);
- Co-Lead Counsel in In re 21st Century Oncology Customer Data Security Data Breach Litigation, MDL 2737;
- Co-Lead Counsel in the St. Joseph Health System Medical Information Cases, JCCP No. 4716;
- Lead Counsel in Blue Cross of California Website Security Cases, JCCP 4647;
- Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in the Biomet M2a Magnum MDL;
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in the In re Actos Product Liability Cases, JCCP No. 4696;
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In re Fosamax/Alendronate Sodium Drug Cases, JCCP No. 4644;
- Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee for the Contaminated Heparin Litigation, MDL 1953; and
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee of MDL No. 2879, In Re Marriott International, Inc., Customer Data Security Breach Litigation.
Before working at Robinson Calcagnie‚ Inc., Mr. Robinson was a civil litigator at a defense law firm where he handled business litigation cases. Before that‚ Mr. Robinson served as an Assistant District Attorney in the New York County District Attorney’s Office under the Hon. Robert M. Morgenthau. As a New York County prosecutor, Mr. Robinson conducted numerous criminal trials, investigations and grand jury proceedings in the Trial Bureau Division, as well as in the Domestic Violence, Public Assistance Fraud, Counterfeit Trafficking, and Identity Theft Units. Mr. Robinson received his Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Williams College in Williamstown‚ MA and his Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles‚ CA.
Williams College, B.A.
Loyola School of Law, J.D.
Admitted to Practice‚ California‚ New York‚ Pennsylvania
2021 President-Elect, Orange County Bar Association
Member‚ Association of Business Trial Lawyers; American Association for Justice; Consumer Attorneys of California; Federal Bar Association; Orange County Asian American Bar Association; Orange County Bar Association; Orange County Celtic Bar Association; Orange County Hispanic Bar Association; Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
Past President, Project Youth Orange County Bar Foundation; Society of Fellows
Board Member‚ Federal Bar Association of Orange County; Orange County Bar Association; Project Youth OCBF; Public Law Center; Loyola Law School, Consumer Attorneys of California, National Trial Lawyers’ MTTLA
Member, ABTL, CAOC, Celtic Bar, OCAABA, OCBA, OC-FBA, OC-HBA, OCKABA, OCTLA
Co-Chair, Public Law Center’s 2017 & 2018 Volunteers for Justice